PICTURES OF CSP PLANTS
Pictures of CSP plants, many with a high resolution, are available for no charge from the Sandia National Laboratories Concentrating Solar Power Photo & Document Database. On the page describing each picture, scroll down to the bottom for a link to the high-resolution version of the picture.
Wikipedia has some more pictures under the headings:
The US National Renewable Energy Laboratory has a large selection of pictures in its Photographic Information eXchange. The low-resolution images (400 x 500 pixels at 400 dpi) can be downloaded free of charge. High resolution versions may be ordered at a charge of US$42.00 per image.
There are also some smallish still pictures at www.seao2.com/solarsphere/csp.htm.
A selection of medium-to-high-resolution pictures are shown on the following pages:
All the pictures on these pages have been obtained from the internet and appear to be in the public domain. Nevertheless, if any of the pictures are used on other websites or publications, we would appreciate a credit to Desertec-UK (www.trec-uk.org.uk) for use of the collection.
- Made in Germany Desertec Electricity from the Desert for Europe ... (Deutsche Welle TV).
- Desertec – a real vision for solar energy (Deutsche Welle TV, 2009-09-19).
- Solar Millenium video.
- Short film about building a new eSolar CSP plant (CNN).
- MARHABA AFRICA! Energy for Europe (Deutsche Welle TV, 2009-01-17)
- Micro CSP is stepping up. Darren Kimura, CEO of Sopogy talks with RenewableEnergyWorld.com's Stephen Lacey about the company's micro CSP technology.
- Torresol Energy Solar Tres Sener and Masdar Initiative 17MW solar power tower (YouTube, 2009-02-04)
- Abengoa's 280 MW Solena solar plant to use molten salt (YouTube, 2008-02-21)
- ACCIONA - Nevada Solar One video (YouTube, 2008-03-19)
- Concentrating solar power tower (YouTube, 2008-01-31)
- Gab.Gato - C.S.P Industries (Concentrating Solar Power) Video by: Djako [Versione Titolo Sbagliato] (YouTube, 2008-10-08)
- Solar power in the US southwest (YouTube, 2008-04-22)
- Film clips from Brightsource Energy:
- CSP features in James May's Big Ideas: Power to the People (BBC Two, 2008-10-12):
- CNN Eco Solutions: energy: Spain solar tower (YouTube, 2007-11-12)
- Solar powered sterling engine (YouTube, 2007-11-11)
- Ausra. Film featuring David Mills, Vinod Khosla and others from Ausra Inc.
- Carrizo Energy solar farm, a 177MW project for PG&E, California, announced November 2007.
- Spain's new solar power tower (CNN.com, 2007-11-12).
- Aust technology to revolutionise clean electricity. There are links from this page to several short films about CSP and related topics. See also Solar power at large scale.
- Interview with Vinod Khosla on ABC TV (the second film on the list).
- Intense solar power. A short film about CSP and the Desertec concept by film maker Peter Walsh which
features Katharine Hamnett (leading fashion designer and member of Desertec-UK),
Dr Gerhard Knies (Coordinator of the main TREC group), and Tony Juniper (Director of FoE). The film was made for Al Gore's new cable TV channel and was screened over the weekend of the Live Earth concert in London (7th and 8th July, 2007).
- Just imagine. Short film from CNN in which Dr Gerhard Knies talks about the Desertec vision.
- The BBC produced a TV report about the PS10 power tower in Spain (BBC News, 2007-05-02). The film can be viewed via a link from this page.
- CBC News report in the Negev desert.
- There is some rather fuzzy footage of CSP plants on YouTube under the heading
"Clean solar energy".
- There is a short film from WWF.
- And another short film about Nevada Solar One.
- A short time-lapse clip of dish/engine systems.
- Quicktime film from Stirling Energy Systems with music but no commentary.
- The New York Times has produced a short film about solar power including sequences about CSP plants (about half way through), July 2007.
- There are links to more online films in Objectif Terre.
- News-oriented videos and sound recordings may be found on our videos page.
Last updated: 2009-11-17